Friday, February 26, 2010

Am I posessed or What?

Ok...so I told you that I was going to be graphic so this post might gross some of you out. You might want to skip this post if you're of a weak constitution.

Last week when my skin was peeling off my face I had to peel it off. I mean really....the skin was so tight around my eyes that I had a hard time opening my eyes and the skin around my lips was so tight that I couldn't open my mouth to take normal size bites of food.

Let me preface this story for a sec...

About 2 years ago I developed a "zit" on my upper lip. I tried to pop the thing for a long time and finally got something the size of a small bead out of the thing. It totally left a hole in my face which I poured peroxide in and it closed and went away. Then about 6 months later it came back. I tried and tried to get the zit thing popped. I even took a straight pin to it to try and pop it and give the "bead" out of it but all I ended up with was a hole in the zit thing. My uncle, who is a dermatologist, saw it and said it was a colorless mole. I told him I could squeeze it and that stuff would come out but he said he could just cut it off. We didn't have time for that when I was visiting last November so I came home and tried a few times to "milk" it.

Anyway...while I was peeling my skin, this little area on my upper lip was irritated and some pus started to come out of it. I pulled the skin and attached to it was a hard white "bead" again. It left a hole in my face again but it's closing up. It's the weirdest thing.

THEN the next morning I had a bite of Erik's breakfast. He had gone and gotten some eggs down in the cafeteria. A little while later I was looking in the mirror and noticed that I had something on the side of my tongue. I thought it was some food but when I touched it a hard yellow thing came out of my tongue and left a hole in it! What the?????

I told the doctor about it and she saw the hole in my tongue and was like..."I have no idea what that is...did you save it?" Guess I should have. It was just too weird. Between the skin thing, the zit thing on my lip and the thing in my tongue I felt like a total freak of nature!

As for my skin...I'm now losing the skin on my finger tips! This Bactrim has really done a number on me!

Today's health update is this....my creatine is down to 4. Dr. Rinnir asked if my family could live without me for one more weekend. He's thinking if I keep on the downward trend that I might be able to get the dialysis port out and go home on Monday? I can hardly wait. I'm tired of peeing into the "hat" in the toilet, I'm ready to eat some real food. I'd love a real scrambled egg.

They have me on a renal and diabetic diet. Thanks to the Prednisone I've developed a blood sugar problem. Anyway...do you know what you can eat on the renal/diabetic diet? Not a bunch. Not even a banana because the potassium can be rough on your kidneys when you're in renal failure. Thankfully Dr. Rinnir said I can have a banana. I also begged for a bagel with cream cheese and he said I could eat that too. I see light at the end of the tunnel!



2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! When my sisters and I were teenagers, and sometimes still when we get together, we would have zit popping parties! Sounds gross, but we would just sit and gossip while we would try to find the biggest and best one. None of us ever had gross ones, but my brothers did every once in awhile! Sounds like you would have won the prize though! Glad to hear things are starting to look better! Hope you are able to go home on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part of this post was the eggs. Fake Eggs are SOOO gross!
    Get out of there soon!
    Hugs
    Lisa Nielsen

    ReplyDelete