Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Follow up to my 2 Year Visit

So...last Thursday the 8th...a week after I had my follow up visit with Dr. Nan, she called to say that my blood work does not look all that great. My CRP (C-Reactive Protein) is out of whack. Normal is less than 5 and mine is 46. It indicates inflammation...somewhere. Could it be that since I had 2/3 of my stomach cut off (I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on Nov 16. You can read about that at www.wakemeupwhenimthin.blogspot.com) that I'm having inflammatory issues???? I think so. Also, after two years of NEGATIVE ANA tests all of a sudden I get a positive test. What the heck? How does that happen? Can it happen? Could someone else's name have been put on my little vials of blood?

Soooo...today I went to have another blood draw to see if the levels are coming down, still the same etc. I am praying that everything is going to go back to where it came from. I DO NOT want to go back on any more medication than I have to. I certainly don't want to start steroids again.

In a few days we'll see what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment