Tuesday, December 13, 2011

February 19, 2010

 Couldn't figure out how to put this post and the following one at the beginning....so...this is from last year.

Things change day by day.

Today even after receiving all of the blood products yesterday my hematologist came in first thing this morning to say that things didn't really change from taking all that stuff. My ability to clot is a
REAL problem. They explained to me that I could literally bleed to death if I started and it got out of control.

It's very scary.

I was also supposed to get a new IV line today but because I will probably be here for at least another week and that my veins are blown the decision was made to put in a PICC line. Here is what mine looks like and here is an explaination of what it does... http://picclinenursing.com/picc_why.html

It was pretty cool to have it done. The gal came in and basically set up my room like an O.R. and was done within about 30 minutes. It will be GREAT not to have to be stuck every time they need blood.

Tonight I had scary experience. I got a bloody nose that would not stop. I ended up laying back so far that I was almost sliding off the bed. It took almost 2 hours for the bleeding to stop. My heart was racing and I had a hard time breathing.

While I was laying still for that Allison noticed that my PICC line was bleeding and that it had gotten on the pillow under my arm. The nurse came in and decided to change the dressig. Apparently it happens to some people but to me it almost caused me to convulse...I just kept laying there thinking I was going die laying on this bed with my head practically falling off the bed with a giant nose plug sticking out of my right nostril! What a sight!

The nurse came in and changed the dressing and said that she pulled a clot off the PICC line that was about 3 inches long. Nice huh?

I'm hoping that tonight will be better. Tomorrow I will have to get a blood transfusion and have another round of dialysis.

OH....as for my face...it is now peeling like I've gotten a bad burn. I wondered if I should blog about my illness like Nie Nie does about her burn experience. I thought about callling it "In Sickness and in Health."

One bright spot in my day was receiving a beautiful flower arrangement from my friend Donna.Thank you so much they are beautifull!

Keep those prayers ascending to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment