Monday, July 25, 2011

Giant Cell what?

.....Giant cell tumor of the tendon sheath. That's what the doctor thinks I might have on my left index finger. (that's "Pointer" for those of you who sang "Where is Pinkie"?)

This is not my finger but it's representative of what it looks like.


Pretty soon after I had began this odyssey with my health I got a lump near my knuckle on my left index finger. At first it was small but now it's like the size of a peanut. I finally went to the hand surgeon today to get it looked at.

There is also a possibility that this "mass" is a rheumatoid nodule. He said that given my history he would not be surprised to find out that after the "mass" is biopsied we find that it has been caused by rheumatoid arthritis. He said that he has seen a lot of patients in his practice with these nodes who have gotten a negative blood test back on the R.A. but the pathology of the nodes indicates otherwise.

We shall see. Tomorrow the nurse calls and we arrange for the outpatient surgery. I have to go to sleep for this. Oh boy....here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment